Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Street Art- Berlin

I really love random street art, and Berlin is basically a center for that sort of thing. While living there I spent a lot of time wandering with a camera taking pictures of the art I saw (when it wasn't too cold). Here's some of the places I really liked:






These two are from an area on Oranienburgerstrasse, around the Kunsthaus Tacheles (former Jewish department store, then Nazi prison, then taken over by artists) . Stuff like this is why I love Berlin...extraordinarily interesting and intense history paired and accented by art and weird culture. Its really interesting to wander around this area. I ended up meeting artists from all over the world who had migrated to this strange portion of the world to cultivate their art and join a sort of collective (not a bad plan for the future).





There's also art lining all walls around the bars and clubs. I think this is from cassiopeia, a club that during the day had a skate rink, multiple cafes and beer gardens, rock climbing and the like. This is where I watched the final world cup game--unfortunately Germany lost, but it was fun either way.






No comments:

Post a Comment